Srila Prabhupada carried on the ancient Vedic tradition of celebrating many major festivals that bring devotees and the general public together in a spirit of joy and service.
At ISKCON Pune CAMP we celebrate many festivals in a mood of offering the best of everything to God, and sharing it with others:
- Janmashtami commemorates the appearance of Lord Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Gaura Purnima or the advent of Lord Chaitanya, is one of ISKCON’s primary annual festivals
- Radhashtami, or the birthday of Srimati Radharani
- At the Govardhan Puja festival, devotees walk, dance and sing around a symbolic hill of grains and sweets
- Ratha Yatra, the festival of chariots, commemorates the pulling of God back into our hearts and to Vrindavana